On Sunday September 29, our children and youth will start designing a scarecrow. We will be working on this project during every Sunday service in October as well. The completed scarecrow will live in the Community Garden in Lowell.
Should we make our scarecrow out of recyclables? Old clothing?
Which one of our principles could our scarecrow represent?
The UU Seven Principles
- We believe that each and every person is important.
- We believe that all people should be treated fairly.
- We believe that our churches are places where all people are accepted and where we keep on learning together.
- We believe that each person must be free to search for what is true and right in life.
- We believe that everyone should have a vote about the things that concern them.
- We believe in working for a peaceful, fair and free world.
- We believe in caring for our planet.