Rev. Lara Hoke and Director of Religious Education Thea Shapiro will be co-leading an Adult Religious Education course on spiritual practices in November and December. All sessions will be held at 6 Locke Street; they are free and open to the public. Each session will be stand-alone, so you can attend one, or some, or all, as your interests and schedules allow.
The five spiritual practice sessions are:
- Session 1. Prayer Practices (centering prayer, prayer using beads, and Lectio Divina) – Rev. Lara Hoke will lead this session. Theists and non-theists (atheists, agnostics, etc.) welcome! It will be held on Thursday, November 7, starting at 7 p.m.
- Session 2. Meditation Practice – Thea Shapiro and Sara Hidalgo will lead this session, focusing on the practice of Anapanna Meditation. The session will include some breathing and walking meditation practices as well. It will be held on Tuesday, November 12, starting at 7 p.m.
- Session 3. Fasting and Dietary Practices – Rev. Lara Hoke and Richard Hudak will lead this session. Time and date TBD.
- Session 4. Visual Practices (painting, creating a Zen rock garden, flower arranging, etc.) – Thea Shapiro will lead this session. Time and date TBD.
- Session 5. “Karma Yoga” (serving others as a spiritual practice) – Rev. Lara Hoke and Thea Shapiro will lead this session. Time and date TBD.