The Unitarian Universalist Congregation in Andover is a small (63 adult members, 21 children and youth) congregation. We are a welcoming congregation that has been an important voice for progressive values and social justice in the Merrimack Valley for 171 years. We believe that we have a lot to offer, and we’d like to offer it to more people! We would like to team with a half-time consulting minister to work on visioning and mission; we know that it is time to think outside of the box (or “outside the pew”, as we like to say). We seek a minister who would like to join with us in this exciting, but challenging work. The Consulting Minister (who will have ministerial fellowship with the UUA) will also do the usual work of parish ministry, including leading worship (twice a month) and pastoral care.
Job title: Consulting Minister (1/2-time)
Compensation: Based on fair compensation guidelines from the UUA.
The Consulting Minister will:
- Preach and lead worship two Sundays each month;
- Provide pastoral care;
- Help to lead the congregation through a process of visioning for the future;
- Attend the monthly Board meeting; prepare a minister’s report for this monthly meeting; write a monthly column for the newsletter;
- Collaborate, communicate, and coordinate with the Worship Committee and Music Director;
- Collaborate, communicate, and coordinate with the Director of Religious Education;
- Provide consultation with other congregational committees as needed.
CONTACT: Patty Brayden, email@example.com